White Jobs is looking to hire a Senior Planner / Scheduler for a metal fabrication company located in Richmond, BC. This position is responsible for the translation of planned manufacturing demands (internal and external) into achievable production schedules and purchase plans.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
· Maintain thorough understanding of company policies, procedures, and methodologies relevant to Planning / Scheduling discipline
· Develop thorough understanding of the contract, scope of work, estimate and procurement / contracting plan for assigned projects
· Lead the continuous improvement and strategic development of corrective and preventative maintenance plans in collaboration with the regulatory, technical support SME’s and field operations teams.
· Collaborate with Supply Chain Management, Operations and Project Development in the implementation and adoption of business processes that deliver improvement to IPL’s inventory material procurement practices.
· Translation of planned manufacturing demand onto achievable production schedules and purchase plans.
· Monitoring production activities and providing feedback to the production departments as to schedule reliability.
· Providing timely responses to specific order inquiries from the Sales group.
· Recognizing and expediting a solution when conflict occurs between demand and capacity.
· A comprehensive knowledge and effective usage of all scheduling, planning and data computer tools available in the Scheduling Department and the ability to use the tools in a time effective manner to achieve departmental goals.
· Other duties of a minor nature related to the above which do not affect the value of the job.
Skills / Qualifications
· More than 5 years of experience in performing senior level planning and scheduling experience in an EPCM environment preferably in manufacturing
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering/ business is a plus.
· Strong oral and written communication as well as interpersonal and presentation skills
· Additional experience in project reporting, cost control, procurement, contract administration, and construction management support would be considered an asset
· Must be legally able to work in Canada at time of application
Other Job Details
Type: Permanent, Full time
Pay package: $80,000.00 pa