Continuous Improvement Specialist
White Jobs is looking to hire a Continuous Improvement Specialist for it’s client (a metal fabrication company) located in Richmond, BC. In this role you will work with Plant Manager and Supervisors to implement and maintain standardized work; conduct time studies and optimize line balance.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are ready for further development, then this is a rewarding career for you!
· Developing and measuring standard metrics, diagramming the flow, including inputs and outputs, of a business process
· Use a hands-on approach to deploy sustainable 5S in company’s manufacturing facility in Richmond, as part of a dedicated Continuous Improvement team
· May spend part of the day preparing reports and statistics, and another part working with front-line staff, identifying improvement opportunities and coaching employees on how to work more efficiently
· Contribute expertise to continuous improvement projects
· Analyze data and processes to quantify gaps/opportunities to make appropriate recommendations to drive process improvement
· Determine the best KPIs for measuring operational health and develop and manage dashboards for the business.
· Develop and implement tactics to reduce production downtime
· Support manufacturing issue resolution through application of sound problem solving methodologies
Knowledge & Skills:
· An intermediate knowledge of Lean gleaned from hands-on experience and formal training
· Knowledge of basic CI tools such 5s, MMM, value stream mapping, ishikawa, 4M etc.
· Should have a background in statistics for advanced techniques like statistical process control, PPK, CP
· Strong written, verbal communications in English
· Strong multitasking and prioritization skills with minimal supervision
· Good computer skills including MS Office – with above average Excel skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and keep organized
· Able to take direction and follow through completion
We believe that the ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experiences:
· 3-5 Years of Manufacturing experience
· A degree in business or engineering is preferred but candidates with other degree’s with over 5 yrs of relevant experience will be considered.
· Kaizen training and experience in projects Personal Suitability:
· Team player
· Safety oriented
· Organized & detail oriented
Must be legally able to work in Canada at time of application
Other Job Details
Type: Permanent, Full time
Pay package: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 pa